The cooperation with the U.S. Department of the Navy and Orizzonte Sistemi Navali (ONR) has been extended until September 2013.
The contract for the project relevant to the research in the field of operational effectiveness of ship concept design will continue on the basis of an additional agreement reached following the first review meeting of the project, held in Genoa in July 2011.
Orizzonte Sistemi Navali (OSN) is the sole Italian Prime Contractor and Whole Warship Design Authority supplying turn-key Naval Surface Vessels with high technological content. The Company, through its experience in total naval ship design and integrated support services, is more than a surfaces vessel supplier: it is a provider of global naval solutions.
Orizzonte Sistemi Navali acts as Prime Contractor and Whole Warship Design Authority, being responsible for:
- Turn-key structure definition of the vessel as an integrated system
- Tender and bid preparation, and contract management
- High-level definition of the Platform System and the Combat System
- Definition and implementation of the Human Factor requirements
- Trials, final test and delivery of the vessel
- Integrated Logistic Support throughout the vessel life cycle
Shipbuilding Tribune Staff, February 17, 2012; Image: orizzontesn