Pella Shipyard is about to start sea trials for the escort tugboat of project PE-65, building No 502. The vessel will be fully completed and delivered later in August.
Some of the vessel’s distinguishing features are its high sea-going capacities, high maneuverability, stability as well as installation of the original equipment of the world leading manufacturers which allow the vessel to provide reliable and safe escorting, towing and berthing of large-capacity vessels with the deadweight of more than 100 000 tones.
Assignment of escort tugboat of project PE-65:
- Towing of vessels and floating objects in harbor areas and open seas.
- Performing of escort operations at the speed of 10 knots.
- Fire fighting operations at floating and shore objects.
- Oil and petroleum content products spill removal.
- Rescue and salvage operations.
- Breaking of up to 0.8 m ice at the speed of up to 5 knots.
Length overall 33,5 m
Width overall 12.1 m
Depth at side 6 m
Draught 4,4 m
Speed 13 knots
Bollard pull 63 t
Power 2*1864 KW
Shipbuilding Tribune Staff, July 25, 2012; Image: pellaship