Pella Shipyard on July 31 2012, carried out the launching of tugboat “RB-394”. Azimuth tug RB-394 of the Project 90600, with the serial number 933, comes as the thirteenth Project 90600 vessel built for Russian Navy.
Till the end of 2012 the vessel will be delivered to the governmental customer.
Main purpose of Project 90600 tugs is towage and mooring operations in ports and littoral zones, bringing vessels afloat, fire extinguishing of floating assets and coastal structures, oil spill response, cargo transportation, washing out ice cover in basing sites, etc.
- High maneuverability
- High level of automation and centralization of control ensuring security and comfort of piloting
- Operational reliability also in severe ice conditions
- All round view from the wheelhouse
- Installation of equipment of the world leading manufacturers
- Comfortable compartments for work and rest, ease of operation
- High economic efficiency
Length overall 25,4 m
Breadth overall 8,8 m
Hull height 4,66 m
Draught ab. 4,2 m
Power 2*746 kW
Propulsion 2 Z-drives Rolls-Royce
Shipbuilding Tribune Staff, August 3, 2012; Image: pellaship